The New Zealand Green Building Council (NZGBC) is a not-for-profit, industry organisation dedicated to accelerating the development and adoption of market-based green building practices. We do this through:
- Promoting the benefits of sustainable buildings by creating a common language and demonstrating the value.
- Assisting the property and construction sector to acquire the skills and knowledge to be able to deliver a sustainable built environment.
- Motivating and rewarding the sustainable development and operation of buildings across New Zealand.
The NZGBC was established in July 2005 and in 2006 became a member of the World Green Building Council (WGBC)
. The WGBC is an international not-for-profit organisation that aims to move the global property industry and built environment towards sustainability, with Green Building Councils being established in various countries around the world.
NZGBC is also a member of the Construction Industry Council. The Council exists to:
- promote the interests of the broader construction industry to central government
- create conditions in which the sector can prosper
- work together for the general good
Thursday, 14 August 2014, 5pm-7pm
GHD Centre, 27 Napier Street, Level 3, Freemans Bay, AucklandClick here for more events